How to Activate Roku?
Streaming is one thing that most of the TV viewers have heard more. Cord-cutters have always preferred Roku players over top brands just because of the features and specification it offers. Roku activation is a simple procedure and you have got covered as our Roku official are here to assist you. All you have to do is, just perform the Roku device activation procedure given below and then start streaming your favorite contents right away.
Gear up for the Roku activation
Before kick-starting the Roku activation process, you need to gather some of the important requirements that are essential. You need to have a Roku streaming player that is compatible with your television model. HDMI cable is important to connect television and Roku streaming device. If you are using an older television model, then get an AV composite cable to connect the devices. Moreover, you need to gather an Ethernet cable if you prefer a wired connection. Users who are trying to connect the Roku device on a wireless connection should have the wireless network credentials ready. Apart from this, you need a mobile or computer with high-speed internet to activate your Roku streaming player.
Step-by-Step Roku activation process
Turn on the Roku player and then television after connecting with the HDMI or AV cables. A successful connection will result in displaying in Roku logo on the display. Now, follow the onscreen prompts to move on further.
- The first thing you will see is the Welcome screen prompting you to continue the Roku activation process.
- You have to choose a language by scrolling down the options from which you can select the one you like.
- After that, you will be prompted to choose Wired or Wireless. If you prefer Wired, just connect Ethernet cable to the Roku player’s Ethernet port.
- Choose Wireless and select the wireless name from the list and then enter the password as they are case-sensitive.
- The latest Roku OS version will be updated and the device will automatically restart for which you have to give some time.
- Display settings are eventually the next step which you can perform now or skip to move further.
- Now, you will see the Roku activation code that should be entered on the Roku.com/link website.
- Open a web browser on your mobile device or desktop to visit the Roku.com/link website.
- Just enter the URL on your web browser’s search bar and click the Search button. The website will necessitate you to furnish the Roku activation code.
Roku account creation
- Creating a Roku account is essential to complete the Roku activation procedure. You have to provide essential details like name, email, and password.
- If you have already generated a Roku account on my.roku.com/signup, just provide the Roku account credentials and finish the Roku activation process on a successful note.
- Check whether you are able to stream contents on your Roku home screen.
If you have any issues in activating Roku device on roku.com/link, just connect with us. Drop us a call at the toll-free number right away.